There are many organisations helping people get back on their feet and Mercy House Kenya is one which is very close to my heart. They have generously given a $25 gift voucher to be spent in their online store.
The necklace they sent me is stunning. It was handmade by one of the women living at Mercy House in Kenya. The beads are made from rolled up pieces of magazine pages.. so effective!! I’m wondering what to do with it.. maybe I’ll auction it off at a later date.. anyway, back to the giveaway.
Here are five reasons I support Mercy House:
- Their approach is wholistic – women and their babies are cared for physically, emotionally, mentally, practically and spiritually. They are educated, cared for and given the opportunity to make a fresh start.
- The program is flexible, allowing for different needs of different people. There is a certain amount of structure which is then expanded and built upon according to individual needs.
- Mercy House is very much a God-driven program. The ladies who run this amazing home are very much in it to follow what God wants, making this a very successful venture.
- I love that there is a shop. Women love to shop – this part of the plan allows us all to get involved – which is so important.
- Women who come to Mercy House are either pregnant or have recently given birth and are in dangerous situations. Leaders at the home care for the women and their babies and help them make decisions re longterm parenting or adoption.
Would you like to win a $25 voucher to spend at MercyHouse (just in time for their grand re opening sale!)? To enter, please do one or all three of the following:
- Post a link to Mercy House on your facebook and/or Twitter page (why not ‘like’ their facebook page and ‘follow’ them on Twitter while you’re there?!)
- Write about the amazing work of Mercy House on your blog – check out their site, there is so much useful information there
- Email friends about Mercy House, include a link to their website
Don’t forget to come back and comment on the post and let me know you’ve done it!
Winner will be randomly chosen at 2pm Thursday August 2nd, Sydney time.